What You’ll Learn
Solaris operating system is known for its portability, compatibility, interoperability, and scalability. A number of companies use it in the present scenario. You can learn it easily by doing the Solaris online training program from Benchteq. Here are the things that you can learn under this program.
Introduction to Solaris Directory Hierarchy
Managing Local Disk Devices
Managing Solaris OS File Systems
Performing Mounts and Unmounts
Installation Needs for Solaris
Performing Solaris OS Package Administration
Managing Software Patches on Solaris
Configuring DNS and NTP
Executing Boot PROM Commands
Influencing Boot Behavior with GRUB
If you need a portable and compatible OS for your organization then Solaris is the perfect option, which you can learn by doing Solaris online training course.
Best-in-class content by leading faculty and industry leaders in the form of videos, cases and projects
Installation, Initialization, and Shutdown
- Selected system administrator terms
- Requirements and preparation for installation
- Software and configuration clusters
- System configuration to be installed
- Disk storage systems
- Device drivers
- Installing the Solaris 8 software
- Power on and booting the system
- System run states
- Init phase
- Stopping and starting services with control scripts
- System shutdown
The Boot Process and Boot PROM
- OpenBoot environment
- OpenBoot architecture
- OpenBoot interface
- PROM full device names
- OpenBoot device aliases
- OpenBoot non-volatile RAM (NVRAM)
- OpenBoot security
- OpenBoot diagnostics
- Input and output control
User and Software Package Administration
- Adding user accounts with Admintool
- Managing user accounts with Admintool
- Managing users from the command line
- User initialization files
- Home directories and name services
- Managing software
- Listing and spooling software packages
- Adding and removing software
- Software patches
System Security and Remote Connection
- Physical security
- Controlling system access
- Storing user account information
- Controlling file access
- Permission schemes for user and group IDs
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Managing ACL entries
- Setting path and identification permission
- Monitoring users and system usage
- Obtaining login information
- Using firewalls and securing network services
- Other network security methods
- Remote system operations and the trusted host
- Restricting FTP
- Restricting root access
- Monitoring superuser access
- Automated Security Enhancement Tool (ASET)
- Viewing a process
- The pgrep and prstat commands
- Process Manager
- Using signals
- Scheduling processes
- The crontab command
- The at command
- syslog and other logs
File Systems, Files, and Directories
- A file system defined
- Solaris file system types
- Disk slices
- Creating slices with the format utility
- Parts of a UFS file system
- Creating a UFS file system
- Custom file system parameters
- File system operations
- Mounting file systems
- Displaying mounted file systems
- Constructing a file system
- Tuning file systems
- Options for mounting a file system
- Unmounting a file system
- Volume Manager
- Modifying devices with the Volume Manager
- Troubleshooting media devices
- Information on file systems
- Device drivers
- Physical device names
- Device auto-configuration
- Instance names
- Transparent configurations
- Major and minor device numbers
- Logical device names
- Virtual volume management
- Metadevices and drivers
- StorEdge Volume Manager
Backup and Recovery
- Backup media and utilities
- The tar command
- The dd command
- The cpio command
- The pax command
- The ufsdump command
- The ufsrestore command
- Recovering file systems
Vi Editor and Command Syntax
- Shell script basics
- Selecting a shell to use
- Bourne shell variables
- Bourne shell built-ins and conditionals
- The if and case conditionals
- Repeated-action commands and functions
You can choose one or more specialisations, as per your background and career aspirations
What You Will Be Able to Do
Solaris is a free-of-cost operating system, so you have no need to use pirated systems. In addition to this, you can do the following with Solaris.
- Monitor and diagnose CPU and memory automatically.
- Off-line resources automatically while the Solaris OS is running.
- Support SNMP enabling integration with existing Network Management Systems (NMS).
- Increase system uptime.
Course Content Includes
Managing Solaris OS File Systems, Performing Mounts & Unmounts, Installation Requirements, and a lot more
Who Is This Program For?
Anyone who needs Solaris for professional or personal purposes, or wants to gain knowledge of Solaris can do this course.
Solaris Administrator, Solaris System Engineer, Solaris Custom Support Engineer, Solaris Network Engineer, and a lot more
The Benchteq Advantage
Strong hand-holding with dedicated support to help you master the subject.
Best Trainers Screened By Us Perfect For You
- Benchteq is always ready to serve you pick up your phone, to get quality services from real time experts.
- Receive unparalleled guidance from industry mentors, teaching assistants and graders
- Receive one-on-one feedback on submissions and personalised feedbacks on improvement
- A dedicated Success Mentors is allocated to each student so as to ensure consistent progress
- Success Mentors are your single points of contact for all your non-academic queries
Be future ready. Start learning
Instructor Android Development live online classes
- Q&A Forum
- Timely doubt resolution by Industry experts and peers
- 100% Expert-verified responses to ensure quality learning
- Personalised expert feedback on assignments and projects
- Regular live sessions by experts to clarify concept related doubts
Over 500 Careers Transformed
- Get personalised career paths traced by experts to ascertain the best opportunities
- Obtain specific, personalised inputs on your resume structure and content
- Get unlimited mock interview sessions with hiring managers and receive detailed feedback
- Get an opportunity to interview for Benchteq’s 100+ hiring partners with Benchteq & more
I have found the best and I have started blogging unexpectedly without any purpose after getting trained I put all my efforts into making it to the top and got succeeded in this.
Choosing one from thousand is a difficult task, and I think I made a perfect choice by joining benchteq for my preparations. thank you guys 🙂
The job support provided by Benchteq is awesome and I have been selected in Dark Horse with 86% hike which makes me proud to be part of Benchteq
Get personalised career pathing from experts to chart out the best opportunities.
Obtain specific, personalised inputs on your resume structure and content
Get unlimited mock interview sessions with hiring managers and receive detailed feedback
Get an opportunity to interview for upGrad’s 300+ hiring partners with Benchteq Career Fairs & more
Hire an Expert & Get
Your job done .
Would you like to speak to one of our advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- +1 973 333 4469
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Solaris Online Training?
Solaris is a Unix-based operating system developed by Sun Microsystems. The Solaris operating system is known for its compatibility, portability, interoperability, and scalability. A number of companies use the Solaris operating system and by learning it, you can get a good vacancy.
You can acquire the excellent knowledge of the Solaris operating system by doing Solaris Online Training of Benchteq.
How can beginners learn Solaris?
Benchteq offers beginner level to expert level Solaris online training courses. Beginners can do a course, in which they can start from the initial level and reach the advanced level. On the other hand, they can also do the basic level course separately and can join the advanced level course later on if required.
At the beginner level, the learners are introduced to the Solaris bash shell, command lines and command syntax, etc.
What are the various job roles available after Solaris online training?
Some of the job roles that you can get after completing Solaris online training are:
- Solaris Administrator
- Solaris System Engineer
- Solaris Custom Support Engineer
In addition to the above mentioned ones, there can be some other job roles specific to the companies, in which you will apply for the job.
Why should I do Solaris online training from Benchteq?
Apart from the academic training, Benchteq also provides the industry-based knowledge that its experts have gained through years of experience. Benchteq also provides job support to professionals working in different companies across the globe. In the Solaris job support, our experts guide those professionals when they get stuck in some problems related to this operating system in their companies.
This increases their knowledge about the industry requirements and the issues that the professionals offer face during their jobs. Experts share this knowledge and experience with you. Therefore, when you do the Solaris online training course at Benchteq, you get exposure to those issues and acquire the knowledge, which many professionals gain after a huge experience.
Can I request for a support session if I need to better understand the topics?
Yes, whenever you have any queries or you are willing to better understand the topics, you can request for a support session. In the support session, our experts provide you the tips, which help you in completing the course without any glitch and make you stronger to stand in the competition in the future.
You can ask your own Solaris-related queries and problems and can also understand the things, which you missed in the usual classes.
What kind of projects are included as part of the training?
There can be different types of projects that are included as part of the training, but we focus on industry-based projects more as compared to academic projects. Our projects are based on the industry-requirements that are contemporary to the session in which you are enrolled. These projects help you perfectly to work on big company projects that you may face in the future while working as a Solaris professional.
Does Benchteq offer job assistance?
Yes, Benchteq offers job assistance to the working professionals across the globe. You get full expertise if you do Solaris online training course from Benchteq, but due to the vastness of the subject, there may still be some issues that you may face while working on your company projects during your job. In such situations, you can contact the experts of Benchteq, who provide you full assistance in resolving your projects.
This facility is available for every Solaris professional, so if you haven’t done the Solaris online training course from Benchteq, then also you can be in touch with our experts for the job assistance.
Our experts provide instant support as well as regular session as per your requirements.
Do you offer placements for Solaris job seekers?
Yes, we offer the placements to the individuals who have done Solaris online training from Benchteq. We prepare your resume and send it to several companies. It helps you in getting a vacancy in a reputed firm.
Moreover, our experts also conduct dummy interviews for you, so you don’t get any difficulty when you face the company interviews.
Why learn Solaris?
Solaris is offered free-of-cost, so companies don’t need to spend a lot or use a pirated operating system. Moreover, its compatibility, portability, interoperability, and scalability are wonderful. Therefore, a number of organizations use it and they need to hire Solaris professionals.
After doing a Solaris online training course, you can get an excellent job and build a good career.